Broken Crocus

Spring Crocus in bloom
Broken under careless foot
Beautiful still

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

There's a Pickle in My Apple Tree

No kidding. OK, so school's in. Cucumber plants are climbers and side-winders. They will climb up almost any other plant if they're allowed to. You have to keep an eye on them. But there weren't too many plants near where I planted the dill cukes so I left them alone. There was just an apple tree.
Ok, so there's more than one pickle in my apple tree. And precious few apples. What am I gonna tell people who ask how my apple tree did this year? I'll have to tell them I got a fair to middlin' crop of pickles out of it. As if that's not enough, I'm going to have to convince Hubby to get a ladder to pick them. I can't reach 'em.

*sigh* Oh the travails of the gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment