Broken Crocus

Spring Crocus in bloom
Broken under careless foot
Beautiful still

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

How My Garden Grows

Ok, just a little taste because what comes fresh out of the garden tastes so good.

I needed a potato. Hmmmm... all out. Should I go to the store or the local stand and get some? No.... wait.... if the local stand has some already, then..... I wonder.

I wandered down the yard . A couple of the potato plants were kind of in the way of the dill cuke plant. I picked on those. Here's what I found.

One plant out of the way of the dill cukes.



Two potato plants out of the way.... and there's a couple more potatoes there yet. Found 'em after I took this picture. This is where french fries come from, kids!

One potato, two potato, three potato, four.... Are all the potatoes ready?


See those little dibs on there? They would have grown bigger, so I'm just going to leave the rest of the potatoes alone. I've got enough for now... I'll pick as I need them.

So, what else is ready? Well the garlic is... I'll get all of that out of the garden tomorrow and do it up ready for pickling season. How 'bout the tomatoes?

Unless you want fried green tomatoes, those have got a ways to go yet.

The zucchini squash is about the size of a man's finger. There are peas on the pea plants and flowers still on the bean plants. Mmmmmm.... food. It's all comin' along. :)

4 comments:

  1. yum! i'm coming to your house for supper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon over! I'll make some potato salad and serve it with raw veges, my homemade roasted red pepper hummus dip, and iced tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds great! if i ever make it to canada, i'm heading straight for you house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gimme a heads up and I'm lookin' forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete