Broken Crocus

Spring Crocus in bloom
Broken under careless foot
Beautiful still

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Aahhh Summer

Oh how we wish for the warmth of summer during those biting winter days when the ground crunches underfoot and spit freezes before it hits the ground. We forget the downside of summer during winter, don't we? The sweat gathering into pools on our brow when we do... anything. The buzzing in the air ~ buzzing that has nothing to do with the FIFA World Cup. Speaking of biting...

Sweaty work done one day, I went to have my shower. Standing naked in the bathroom, suddenly I heard this wee, tiny, yet audible voice shout, "LUNCH!" I looked around and..

.. there it was. I waved wildly at it. It jittered out of my way and I swear it waved back. I never got it, but it got me ~ several times. *sigh*



In Canada, mosquitoes are little more than an annoyance, resulting in little bumps and itches, with only the small threat of West Nile virus or allergic reaction. In other parts of the world, mosquitoes spread life-threatening disease. Spread the Net may still be raising funds for bed nets where you are, or Unicef Canada includes a bed net for only $10.00 in its Gifts of Magic at http://www.shopunicef.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment