Broken Crocus

Spring Crocus in bloom
Broken under careless foot
Beautiful still

Sunday, June 20, 2010

To All The Dads I've Loved

Ok, so for one day I won't be such a cranky ol' broad. Don't worry, it's temporary. ;o)

My Dad has been gone over 30 yrs. now. He was a WWII vet; was part of the Canadian invasion forces at Sicily. He didn't want to carry a gun, so he served in the medical corp as an ambulance driver and orderly, then he transferred to a transportation unit, riding point on a motorcycle for convoys much of the time.


He was a great guy and a good dad. I miss him.


This is my child's dad, and as old-fashioned as it may seem, he is also my hubby. :) He's a good guy too. Took him to the races for Father's Day. We didn't lose much. Hey, it's actually a relatively cheap evenings' entertainment when you just do the $2. bets. The sky got very angry at one point ~ very stormy lookin'. But it only rained enough to dampen down the dusty track, and the sky was kind of amazing, so it was all good.






No comments:

Post a Comment