Broken Crocus

Spring Crocus in bloom
Broken under careless foot
Beautiful still

Saturday, June 19, 2010

No Time ~ No Time

Probably prophetic. Why is it that, though we're all headed for the same sticky end, most of us are doing it at a dead run? Curious.

Like Mr. Entitled at the grocery store, who sidled up to a U-scan already in use, crowding the poor man trying to finish his order, and ignoring me, large as life, standing there in line like a good little shopper. "Excuse me," I said. He condescended to glance my way. "I'm not waiting for a bus here," I said. He seemed perplexed, so I pointed to the words on the floor in front of me that said, "line up here." He looked at the words on the floor, then at me, then back at the words... and slowly, ever so slowly, he got it. Where do they come from?

Then there's the guy in the big pickup truck who pulled into the parking lot as my daughter was almost finished backing out of a space. He couldn't wait for her to put it in Drive and turn the wheel to get out of his way. No, he sque e e e e zed his oversized vehicle past her, because HE was using the world that day. And where did it get him? I think you know.



Yeah, yeah ~ no time ~ no time.
Thing is, while we're rushing around, I just can't help notice that pesky oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the weather anomolies, the holy wars, a society that thinks the word "fuck" is just about the most fun, colourful and expressive word in the English language, and the plague of locusts? Try bed bugs. No, I'm not kidding. Wish I was. But there's a strain of bed bug come to us from Afghanistan that's pesticide-resistant and has invaded hotels, and spread to apartment buildings and on to homes. Great. Wonderful. And close enough for my money.

Yeah, I know there are people out there doing good things, trying really hard to make this world a better place. And I support them. Moreover, I'm counting my blessings, believe me. I have a lovely little home, healthy food, a bountiful garden, health that isn't too bad, fun and beautiful music and art, the love of family and friends. (And no bed bugs yet.) What do I need in a world that wants MORE? Not a damned thing. So I'm just here with my meandering thoughts and words, trying to ponder the questions, never mind the answers, watching the world rush.... to... where? Ah, but I'm sure it will all be fine. Afterall, what the fuck do I know? *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment