Broken Crocus

Spring Crocus in bloom
Broken under careless foot
Beautiful still

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wha??


Irony. Yep, life as I know it. Like how the biggest dust bunnies in the house gather 'round the vacuum cleaner. There's also the memory thing. So embarrassing to be standing in the middle of a grocery store trying to remember why I left the house. Sure, I make a list, but then I forget it. {sigh} And no, that's right, Ginko doesn't actually help that much when you're terminally distracted. Ginko helps circulation. Memory? Heh.

So yesterday, there I am, in the utility room, standing in front of the beer fridge kept in there, not knowing why. I knew I went in there for something, and that something must be in the fridge, because I was standing in front of it. It's the overflow fridge because the little one in the kitchen frequently doesn't hold everything I need it to hold. It's little because the kitchen is little. That got me thinking about fridges, and how mine was probably designed by the same jerk who designed the over-sized shopping carts at Real Canadian Super Store that get stuck together all the time, and the parking system at the local hospital ~ which sucks.

The cheese/butter keeper in the kitchen fridge has a clear plastic door that opens from the bottom. This means that it likes to pop open when you open the fridge door, the contents flying out onto the floor. For the first month I owned this fridge, my main exercise was bending to pick up cheese slices and butter whilst swearing so as to make a sailor blush. They say correct breathing is important in exercise.

I just think that straight men should not be allowed to design bras (underwires??), refrigerators, shopping carts, or parking systems. Nevermind disillusioning me. I need to believe this for my sanity.

But I digress, which is exactly what happened all the time I was stubbornly standing in front of the beer fridge in the utility room. All this and more passed thru my poor brain, even as I wondered why I went in there. Then I remembered. I wanted an egg. Hehe... an egg. So I opened the fridge door and, as if bidden by the unseen hand of Murphy, an egg fell out. But the joke is on Murphy. It was a hard-boiled egg. Heh. I was gonna crack it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment