Broken Crocus

Spring Crocus in bloom
Broken under careless foot
Beautiful still

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Inspirational Message Service


I was thinking of starting an inspirational message service. I'd call it, TheDailyPokeintheEye. My messages would offer up some terribly pithy and painful pseudo wisdom designed to enlighten you about your own glaring shortcomings, and if you protest, I'd simply justify my message by saying I'm being "vulnerable." C'mon now, wouldn't it be useful to know what's wrong with you? And certainly I'm the one to tell you, even though I may not know you from Mr. or Ms. Potato Head. Just for excitement I might also toss in some handy psychobabble explaining in appropriately negative and accusatory terms that you're so very needy because, though your mirror is broken, your image doesn't change. Doesn't that sound like fun?! Oh wait.... rats! It's already been done. Missed the boat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment