Broken Crocus

Spring Crocus in bloom
Broken under careless foot
Beautiful still

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Not Real ~ Really!

Nope, I'm not REAL. I'm a cyber-person. I'm so blurry in this picture because I'm just a disembodied voice coming to you from out of the cyber-wilderness. I don't hang out at the mall, or the local Tim Horton's, like REAL people do.

I'm really just a mere figment of the imagination of a Canadian singer/songwriter who shall remain nameless, but who lives in Calgary, a city divided into quadrants so they can use the same street names four times instead of coming up with fresh ones. Hehe. My neice lives there. She's not a cyber person, so she must be REAL. I hope so, because she just had a baby. :) But I digress, and goodness knows, that hardly ever happens. ;o)

This is the baby. She's REAL. :)


This is part of my garden. Only the birds tweet here, so it must be REAL too. This is the memorial garden for my folks. Dad made the saw horse. It was slowly rotting at Mom's for 30 years. Figured the new home-owner would just throw it out, so I brought it to my garden to finish composting into the earth. It's surrounded by Mom's faves: coleus, geraniums with spikes and dusty miller, orange roses. Mom passed in 2008. Inukshuk says, people were here. What does it know? It's just a pile of rocks. Is that REAL?

I like to keep those salad greens handy. Love salad! It's REAL too.
Gardens aren't portable at all. I could go to town and even take my computer with me.. even to the Tim Horton's and sit with REAL people and be an invisible cyber person both at the same time. Ooo. But the garden has to be worked on right here, and that's more satisfying. The garlic is 3 feet tall, onion and beans up, potatoes bushy.. flowers are many, even milk weed, which Monarch butterflies love to lay eggs on is allowed to grow here.. in moderation.. along with mullein and many herbs, both wild and domestic, and of course, veges. Now a garden with earth, worms, butterflies, birds that tweet in their own way, and plants... that's REAL life.

Cyber people though, we're all just figments of someone's imagination. 'least, that's what I hear. Really. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment